Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New Year's Resolutions Revisited

In 2008, I started this little blog. I admit I have neglected it sorely. But, the premise for my blog was pretty simple. I wanted to evolve. My initial goals were:

1. Love every day. There's always something there that is good.
2. Take time to mediate everyday - even if it is just a few minutes before falling asleep.
3. Eat better. Make more meals with organic, local, in-season products.... and actually make them at home.
4. Learn to cook without a recipe.
5. Be creative with food and do not fear it.
6. Read more than just fiction.
7. Store food. Can food. Preserve it.
8. Be frugal. Make the money stretch. Eat leftovers. :-)
9. Exercise. (This is going to be a hard one for me!)
10. Go natural and earth friendly.

I think I am doing ok with most of those goals, but I am far from where I want to be. We still eat out a lot more than I would like to admit and I have yet to preserve any food! I am still reading a lot of fiction, but I do read the news every day now. That's an improvement, right? I have been working on making more frugal meals and planning out a little further. I am doing pretty well at cooking without a recipe too! The exercise... well... let's give it another go this year, shall we?

No comments: