Today is December 4, 2008. I am beginning to prepare for the new year. My new year's resolution for 2009 is to evolve. I have spent a lot of time this past year learning and reading about different lifestyles. I have tried diets, menus, vegetarianism, exercise, nutrition classes, and more. But, that has all just led me to my ultimate decision: learning never stops.
Just when I think I have it all figured out, something else hurls its way into my path that changes my mind, sometimes just a little bit, sometimes radically. So what does that have to do with my resolution? Everything. My resolution is to evolve with the knowledge that I obtain and not feel bad for making mistakes in my ignorance. That's just silly if you think about it.
Evolve. Yes, that is a pretty vague resolution, but it is really just part of the plan. I have a few guidelines that I plan to implement, but those could always change if I learn that they are not the ideal.
Here are my guidelines:
1. Love every day. There's always something there that is good.
2. Take time to mediate everyday - even if it is just a few minutes before falling asleep.
3. Eat better. Make more meals with organic, local, in-season products.... and actually make them at home.
4. Learn to cook without a recipe.
5. Be creative with food and do not fear it.
6. Read more than just fiction.
7. Store food. Can food. Preserve it.
8. Be frugal. Make the money stretch. Eat leftovers. :-)
9. Exercise. (This is going to be a hard one for me!)
10. Go natural and earth friendly.
Well, that list is a year in the making..... I hope with every fiber of my being that I am successful in the coming year. That is my goal.
Oh, and one more thing...... I want to track my progress on this blog!
Thanks for visiting!