Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Meal Plans

I really want to start planning our meals and making our dollars stretch a little further. I will be taking a paycut in January, so I need to start getting used to it now and stocking the pantry. Here is this week's menu. I didn't get to it yesterday, so I just started with today. I am also trying to add in some meat to my diet and more veggies, of course.

Tuesday

Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Toast
Lunch: Out
Dinner: Spaghetti
Wednesday
Breakfast: Bacon, Fried Eggs, Toast
Lunch: Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Tomato Soup
Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Thursday
Breakfast: Boiled Eggs, Toast, Yogurt
Lunch: Left Overs
Dinner: Chili and Cornbread
Friday
Breakfast: Bacon, Fried Eggs, Toast
Lunch: Taco Salad
Dinner: Beef Stew
Saturday
Breakfast: Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs with Cheese, Sausage
Lunch: Hamburgers, Home Fries, and Peas
Dinner: Crock Pot Lasagna
Sunday
Breakfast: Sausage, Gravy, Biscuits, Eggs
Lunch: Left Overs
Dinner: Chicken, Rice, Broccoli Casserole (**Providing I can find a recipe that doesn't use condensed soup**)


Now I am really hungry! I can't wait to get to the grocery store!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Looks good! I never use condensed soups for hotdish's anymore (or in your case........casserole's).

This is what I do.

Melt 3 TBS butter in a pan and then add in 2-3 heaping TBS of flour. Whisk that together and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes. That takes the flour taste out of the flour, haha.

Then add in about 1/2 to 1 cup of milk, slowly whisking it into the flout/butter mixture, until you get the consistency you'd like.

Add in some salt, pepper, parsley, and mushrooms if you have them (I never have any haha). I add my cheese in at that time if needed.

This makes a great substitute to any cream of ______ soups.

I hope that helps!!

Melissa Gilbert said...

Thank you Erica! I knew you'd always know what to do! :)

I can't wait to give that a try.